Full Stack Developer
The School of Medicine Research Computing (SOMRC), at the University of Virginia, is seeking a Full Stack Developer. This position will provide support in advanced computing for SOM researchers. He/she will work closely with the rest of the SOMRC team and other related service units to provide solutions for users’ computational needs and related data analysis. The position will be a key integrator of systems, data, analysis, and visualization in support of SOM faculty research.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or comparable experience.
- Strong experience in systems administration of Windows Server and Linux platforms.
- Broad knowledge of research computing system design and integration and related components and applications.
- Minimum 3 years developing applications using Python.
- Experience using SQL relational databases.
- Demonstrated fluency with creating and consuming restful APIs (Flask, etc.) and interfaces (JQuery, React, Angular).
- Demonstrated experience leading technical projects.
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture and microservices.
- Basic understanding of software design patterns.
- Working understanding of applications and services in AWS or GCP.
- Clear grasp of the scientific academic research process.
- Experience with serverless functions (FaaS) such as AWS Lambda.
- Experience with NoSQL services such as Redis or MongoDB.
- Experience with messaging technologies such as RabbitMQ, Kafka, or SNS.
- Experience with Git and Travis.
- Experience with HPC systems or Spark.
- Familiarity with monitoring tools like DataDog or NewRelic.
- Passion for providing delivery of high-quality production services.
- Proven ability to work across organizations to build partnerships.
- Strong communications skills and must be a team player.
This position will remain open to applications until filled. This position is restricted and is contingent upon the continuation of funding.